Table of Contents
How to fast forward in CS:GO
Here is a quick guide on how you can fast forward in CS:GO replays.
EsportsVerdict is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
For those of you that do not know, CS:GO allows players to download replays of recent matches and the game has an incorporated feature called DemoUI, which allows you to watch those replays that you download or save.
These highlights or replays may be viewed at any time via opening the game and navigating to “Downloaded Matches” once you have selected “download” on those replays that you would like to save. You can find a list of your recent games played on the tab that is called “your matches”.
DemoUI is also supported by Third party applications like FACEIT and ESEA. These platforms provide the match links through a .zip file which upon being extracted can be loaded through this toggle.
How to enable DemoUI
- Launch CS:GO
- From the left column, select “Watch Matches and Tournaments”
- Click on “Your Matches”
- Select the match you want to watch, and hit “Download” located in the bottom.
As mentioned above, third party applications provide you with a .zip file which contains the match link.
- Extract the match link from the .zip file.
- Launch CS:GO
- Open in-game console and enter “DemoUI”
- Once you have the small window i.e the DemoUI toggle, hit Load and select the match link from the folder you had extracted it into.
How to fast forward in CS:GO replay mode
- DemoUI allows you to fast forward and rewind your matches.
- Press Shift + F2 to toggle the replay display.
- Forward arrows next to play allow you to fast-forward it whereas the arrows before let you re-wind.
- Adjacent to these arrows are the parameters which allow you to increase and throttle down the playback speed.
Stay in touch
Sign up now for all the latest news, builds, and ideas for your PC gaming setup.